Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Blog: What's This All About?

So, this little blog has been sitting around feeling neglected for awhile. It's almost like I put Baby in the corner and forgot to let her dance. It isn't that I haven't wanted to hold out my hand and bring her out of the shadows; it's just that I've had other things on my mind. Really what's been going on is that I never thought about bringing my fitness quest here.

You see, this blog started out as a place to share my visual art, short stories, and some of my poetry. Somewhere along the line I realized that cooking is an art as well, and one of the times I went vegetarian, I started posting recipes, too. Then I stopped. In fact, the last recipe I posted before yesterday was on New Year's Day, 2013. After all, my recipes aren't all that original, and they are rather homely in comparison to most of the stuff out there.

Since then, I posted just two poems to this site. These days, most of the poetry I post is shared on my Facebook profile, or at my poetry site, River Poems.

It's time to revamp this place! And, so I have, with a new design, a new name, and more importantly, an updated purpose. I do plan to begin sharing artwork and writing projects again; however, I have decided to give this site over to creative fitness, health, and inspiration.

When we are born, we are given unique and wonderful bodies. As we grow, they become the canvas through which we inform the world who we are. We do it through our choice of clothing, makeup, and accessories. We do it through our way of living, our health, and our fitness style.

Over the course of my life, I have sought to be the kind of person I wanted to be, yet that expression of myself was so often overshadowed by my desire to be who I thought I was expected to be.  I've reached a point in my life where I feel more comfortable in my own skin than I ever have. Now is the time for sharing how I've done it, and what I am doing with that new found freedom.

This is my space to share my health and fitness journey. If you're interested in my spiritual journey, you can read my spiritual/religion blog at Practicing Perfection.  Sometimes, just for fun, I dash off strange and totally unrelated articles at In Silent Meditation. Since I'm self-promoting right now, feel free to check out my books, which are available on Amazon.




 
Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment